We're SYBO, makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 1.5 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that makes you want to give it just one more go - that's what we're about! We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with, and to do so, we need you! Yes. You!
We're looking for a Tools Engineer to join our family, and bolster our Game Engineering teams!
As a Tools Engineer, you will be part of implementing and maintaining cross-platform tools and plugins, primarily in Unity / C#, that will be used across all our projects. You will contribute to the development of a core game framework and pipeline that will enable the game teams to reuse a lot of functionality, and allow artists, designers and content producers to quickly preview and visualise the results of their work.
Sound interesting? Take a look at the role and give us a shout if you think you're the one!
As a Tools Engineer, you will:
- work directly with the Technical Owner of the Tools team, reporting directly to the studio Lead.
- develop and maintain cross-platform tools and plugins, as part of a wider game framework.
- write reusable, robust, scalable code that is thoroughly tested
- improve artist and designer workflows and pipelines, both in Unity and in content creation tools such as Maya
- help maintain stability and reliability of the automated build system used by game teams
- work with mobile platform-specific development, e.g. improve tooling to submit content to the App Store
- fix issues with existing components
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of professional game development / technology experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Unity 3D experience, including Editor Tools.
- Strong knowledge of OOP languages, primarily C#
- Familiarity with widely-used design patterns, algorithms and software engineering principles
- Team player, that can communicate well with the rest of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Native development experience on iOS and Android
- F2P experience
- Art pipeline tooling knowledge
- Experience with continuous integration, build systems, python scripting
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are more than the sum of our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do. Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
We can brag about:
- Having the best office location in Copenhagen
- Giving you a chance to do the work of your life
- Having an informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
- Anyone at the company can pitch the next SYBO game - including you!
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 17 nationalities
- Lots of fun - also when working