We're SYBO, makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 2 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that makes you want to give it just one more go - that's what we're about! We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with, and to do so, we need you! Yes. You!
We're looking for a Game Engineer to join our family, to be part of a live title that is played on a daily basis by tens of millions of users, or plunge straight into one of our new, exciting projects that we're spinning up!
As we work in small teams, we're looking for creative generalists, who are passionate about making games, coming up with ideas and taking on any of the various tasks that are involved in game development, from gameplay to meta-game systems to SDK integrations and everything in-between.
Sound interesting? Take a look at the role, and give us a shout if you think you're the one!
As a Game Engineer, you will:
- work directly with the Technical Owner on the game team, reporting directly to the studio Lead
- design, develop and document new gameplay features and meta-game systems
- integrate in-house tools components and 3rd party plugins into game projects
- refactor, optimise and maintain existing code base
- fix bugs and issues on games
- prototype new game ideas with a game designer, when on the prototype team
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience shipping titles on mobile platforms (iOS / Android)
- Proven Unity experience, at least intermediate level
- Demonstrable 3D gameplay programming knowledge, including vector mathematics, AI, animation, camera control, input mechanisms, etc.,
- Strong knowledge of OOP languages, primarily C#
- Familiarity with widely-used design patterns, algorithms and software engineering principles
- Ability to write clear, modular, robust and reusable code
- Team player, that can communicate well with the rest of the team
What we can brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- A chance to do the work of your life
- An informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 19 nationalities
- And a lot of fun - also when working
Did you know that:
- Denmark is the happiest country on earth? http://goo.gl/LLaIyi
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!