Senior Game Engineer (Networking)
We're SYBO, makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 1.6 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that makes you want to give it just one more go - that's what we're about! We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with, and to do so, we need you! Yes. You!
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Game Engineer with networking experience to join one of our new, exciting game projects that we're spinning up!
As a Senior Game Engineer at SYBO, you’ll be working on a world-class networked game experience for our upcoming mobile multiplayer title, using established third-party game server libraries, alongside a bunch of passionate and talented individuals.
You must have a strong track record on successful multiplayer projects and general mobile games development, with a demonstrable knowledge of scalable game server architecture and the concepts associated with it. Good interpersonal skills and communication are essential. We would also like you to be highly self-motivated and passionate!
Sound interesting? Take a look at the role, and give us a shout if you think you're the one!
As a Senior Game Engineer, you will:
- design, develop and maintain key features and systems used in the game (Unity / C#)
- work actively with an existing, third-party game server implementation
- advise and mentor the other game engineers on the team with regard to best practices in networked programming
- ensure optimal use of network connections, minimising bandwidth traffic and mitigating latency issues as far as possible
- help develop automated methods to test the game simulation
- be involved in day-to-day discussions about system design and architecture
- help improve Unity 3D workflows, pipelines and best practices
- prototype new game ideas with a game designer, when on the prototype team
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience shipping titles on mobile platforms
- Proven experience in game networking, on at least 1 successful multiplayer title
- Experience with highly scalable server architecture design
- Intermediate to advanced Unity 3D experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP languages, primarily C#
- Familiarity with widely-used design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Demonstrable 3D Gameplay programming knowledge, including vector mathematics
- Passionate team player, that can communicate well with the rest of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Experience leading game teams on shipped titles
- Native development experience on iOS and Android
- F2P experience
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do. Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
We can brag about:
- Having the best office location in Copenhagen
- Giving you a chance to do the work of your life
- Having an informal and creative culture where everybody is heard - We strive for a Synced Community
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 17 nationalities
- Lots of fun - also when working
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!