Lead Backend Engineer
Would you like to be part of one of the most successful mobile gaming companies in the world, and reach millions and millions of users on a daily basis with the systems you build?
Then we have got the perfect job for you!
We create very ambitious top notch free-to-play games that can stand toe-to-toe with the very best out there. We are looking for a skilled Lead Backend Engineer with a passion for team and leadership.
As Lead Backend Engineer you will be taking a front seat and play an instrumental role in leading the team of highly skilled backend engineers ensuring we build robust, scalable and highly available systems, operating our live systems and ensuring that it all fits well with our high level goals and business strategies. The role is intended to be hands on, but the exact balance will depend on the individual candidate.
We write most of our backend systems in Go and deploy them in AWS. We use a number of AWS services, such as EC2, ECS, S3, Kinesis, Redshift and CloudFront as well as various self hosted services such as Cassandra.
As Lead Backend Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for:
- High-level architecture and roadmap (in close collaboration with the team and Technical Director / stakeholders)
- Leading and mentoring a highly skilled and passionate team of backend engineers working across various projects
- Hiring experienced backend engineers that are a good fit with company culture
- Ensuring that operations of live systems runs smoothly
Obviously we need you to be a highly skilled software engineer with proven leadership experience that has a keen sense of details and a firm grasp on creating highly robust, scalable and flexible backend systems.
We expect you to:
- Have leadership experience
- Have excellent programming skills and a desire to work with Go
- Have solid experience working with databases (preferably from both SQL and NoSQL systems)
- Know your way around AWS and have experience designing cloud infrastructure
- Be very comfortable in a Linux based environment and its command line tools (we use Amazon Linux/Ubuntu)
- Know why security matters and how you minimize vulnerabilities in both the code you write and the systems you design
- Be fluent in English - both verbally and written
- And, most importantly: have a strong passion for both making and playing games!
Additionally it would be a plus if you also:
- Have a higher education degree in a relevant field
- Have deep knowledge about networking and protocols
- Have operational experience with backend systems and databases at scale
- Have experience with C# and Unity
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do. Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!
We can brag about:
- Having the best office location in Copenhagen
- Giving you a chance to do the work of your life
- Having an informal and creative culture where everybody is heard - We strive for a Synced Community
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 18 nationalities
- Lots of fun - also when working