We’re SYBO Games, based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we're best known for being the developers of the most downloaded mobile game of all time, Subway Surfers, which at last count has over 2 billion downloads worldwide with tens of millions of people playing the game daily. While these are exciting numbers, we're not stopping there! We've got new games in the pipeline, and we’re looking for an experienced and passionate Full-stack Engineer to join our team as we embark on these adventures. As a Full-stack Engineer at SYBO, you will be an intricate part of solving the many tough challenges we face when building very ambitious, top-notch F2P games that can challenge with the very best out there. You will be part of small, agile game teams, helping develop game services, highly available robust systems using state-of-the-art technologies and web tooling to support live operations on all our games, including working with existing / off-the-shelf solutions. Sound like the perfect job for you? Read on! As a Full-stack Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for:
- Technical design, implementation and maintenance of game services utilising HTTP-based APIs, batch processing and client-server services using Go.
- Working together with the Game Engineers in projects and helping integrate these developed services with client-side games components and frameworks.
- Writing custom game server logic in an efficient, robust and optimised manner.
- Building and operating the cloud infrastructure of our live games using AWS/GCS as well as external off-the-shelf backend service providers.
- Creating or improving web tooling, for live ops, customer support, etc
- Maintain and improve the overall code quality of our in-house solutions.
- Taking an active part in ensuring that our roadmap and architecture fits the bigger picture of what we are trying to accomplish.
You are a well-rounded programmer that is both able and willing to take on tasks from any of these areas. We are a small team and we need everyone to be able to step up and have the ability to handle the majority of issues that could pop up - especially those that might directly affect our players.
- Higher education degree in a relevant field
- Excellent programming skills and a desire to work with Go
- AWS or GCS cloud infrastructure in general
- Background working with databases (preferably from both SQL and NoSQL systems)
- Comfortable in a Linux based environment and its command line tools
- Keep cool under pressure, when issues pop up in live production environments
- Proficient with one web development framework (Angular, react)
- Fluent in English - both verbally and written
- And, most importantly: have a strong passion for both making and playing games!
- Prior experience working within the games industry, on shipped titles
- C# and Unity
- Deep knowledge about networking and protocols
- Synchronous multiplayer and building game servers
- Operational experience with backend systems and databases at scale
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion. Our core values are: Solid Products, in a Synced Community, Performance Matters, Passionate Colleagues and doing Daily High Fives!
We can brag about:
- Having the best office location in Copenhagen
- Giving you a chance to do the work of your life
- Having an informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- Healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 20+ nationalities
- Lots of fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our studio. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.